[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-k07x8qmr’ id=” custom_class=” admin_preview_bg=”]
Using Patseer Pro to Search & Analyze Patents on Contactless Payments
Contactless is a fast, easy and secure way to pay. Recent rise in contactless payments shows that consumers are increasingly viewing contactless payments as an alternative to using cash or traditional credit/debit cards. This Patent Landscape Report takes a look at the Intellectual property trends and filings being done by companies and institutions active in this technology area.
To read the complete analysis visit: Patent Analysis Report on Contactless Payments by PatSeer Pro
The chart below shows number of application filed and grants given for contactless payments in the last decade. The chart was generated on overall records (5384 Records).
The filing trend indicates a gradual increase in number of applications being filed after 2010. Maximum number of patent applications (471) taking/having priority were filed during 2015.
Technology landscape for Contactless Payments
The landscape map below represents key concepts for different companies generated across title, abstract and claims. Themes are collection of prominent topics extracted from the patent data and grouped under relevant parent tags.
Clusters for payment amount or QR code and transaction terminal device are together as both the clusters are relating to a transaction provider terminal and there is high degree of relevance with respect to the text.
The chart below represents top companies active in contactless payment technology and the number of inventions they have in this space.
Research activity around the world
The below map represents the geographical filing relating to Contactless Payments. The map helps provide an indication of where innovation in this area is originating.
United States is the leading country in this field with 1162 families followed by Korea (532) and China (463). The strength of the coloring represents the proportion of patent applications.
To get this project shared with you via PatSeer’s Patent Dashlet and to obtain access of dataset behind this report, Contact us here:
Report also Includes
- Patent Search Strategy
- Technical Segmentation (Patent Categorization)
- Invention Activity
- Top Companies
- Filing Trend For Top Companies
- Research Activity Around The World
- Trend For Various Application Over The Last 20 Years
- Companies Across Different Types Of Applications
- Companies Across Different Payment Modes
- Companies Across Different Protocols For Contactless Payments
- Companies Across Different Technologies
- Companies Across Different Payment Transaction Models
- Applications Across Different Types Of Technologies
- Where Are Research Teams Of Top Companies Based Their Technology Focus
- Inventor Groups Of Top Companies For Contactless Payment
- Technology Landscape For Contactless Payments
- Citations Analysis For Gemalto
- Innovation Timeline
- Innovations Across Different Technical Segments Of Contactless Payments
- Key Companies Across Payment Modes
- Key Companies Summary Report
- About Patseer Pro
- Patseer Pro Capabilities At-A-Glance
[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ row_boxshadow=” row_boxshadow_color=” row_boxshadow_width=’10’ link=” linktarget=” link_hover=” title_attr=” alt_attr=” padding=’0px’ highlight=” highlight_size=” border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ column_boxshadow=” column_boxshadow_color=” column_boxshadow_width=’10’ background=’bg_color’ background_color=” background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_breaking=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-40x6zz’]
[av_social_share title=’Share this entry’ style=” buttons=” share_facebook=” share_twitter=” share_whatsapp=” share_pinterest=” share_reddit=” share_linkedin=” share_tumblr=” share_vk=” share_mail=” av-desktop-hide=” av-medium-hide=” av-small-hide=” av-mini-hide=” av_uid=’av-2ponv3′]